All ingredients should be Natural, Organic and Sourced from Fairtrade and Sustainable Markets, where possible.
200g green beans
20g green lentils
20g pearl barley
20g orange lentils
place all ingredients in saucepan bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 mins. Leave to cool slightly then stir in some miso and top with grated cheese.
semi skimmed/skimmed Milk
water to taste
One tablespoon each of: this will last two days it is not advisable to grind large quantities as you will already know.
Linseed, pumpkin, sunflower seeds.
half a teaspoon of sesame seeds.
A few nuts of choice, I like hazelnut & walnut.
Cacao nibs crushed or left hole for crunchiness: optional depending on season.
Maple syrup or agave syrup if diabetic.Cook porridge adding some water to make a smoother consistency. Grind nuts, seeds, and cacoa nibs. (organic cacoa nibs are available online)
Add the ground chocolaty mixture onto porridge drizzle some syrup to taste and enjoy.
This is great as a desert too.
- 1½ cups (9½ oz, 250 g) raw brown rice
- About 3½ cups (28 fl oz, 840 ml) water
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 medium sweet apple, peeled, cored and coarsely grated
- ¾ cup (2½ oz, 60 g) raisins
- 1 cup (8 fl oz, 240 ml) light (single) cream or full cream milk.
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
Oven: Pre-heat to 325F (170C)
Rinse the rice and put it in a large pan. Cover with the water. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer gently for about 35 minutes or until the rice is tender. Add more water if necessary. If the water has not been fully absorbed, cook for a little longer until it has.
Mix the rice with the other ingredients. Transfer to an oiled oven-proof dish . Bake, covered, for 30 minutes, then remove the lid and bake for a further five minutes.
- 2 cups (1-inch-thick) slices carrot
- 1 cup (1-inch) cubed peeled turnips
- ¾ cup (1-inch-thick) slices parsnip
- small swede
- Diced meat of choice
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1 leek
- teaspoon sesame oil
- 20g barley
- 20g lentils
- 20g chickpea
- 2 tablespoons flour buckwheat or whole-wheat
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 3 cups of Vegetable stock
- Add tamari or miso to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 teaspoons creme fraiche, optional
Preheat oven to 450°.
Combine first 8 ingredients in a shallow roasting pan, (add meat/poultry here) Bake at 450° for 30 minutes.
Place vegetable mixture in a suitable pan, add barley, lentils and chickpeas, place over medium heat. Add flour and sage; cook 3 minutes. Add Vegetable Stock or water, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, when cooling stir in miso on low heat – add tamari to season, Sprinkle each serving with 1-½ teaspoons parsley and top with 1 teaspoon creme fraiche.